Friday, June 09, 2006

Saving the universe, one New York liberal at a time...

So I just went to see "An Inconvenient Truth," the Al Gore global warming movie, with my parents, and it's surprisingly good. I mean, it's a documentary, but it's interesting and Al Gore comes across as pretty genuine, which I wasn't expecting from a politician. Top marks. Makes you want to bomb the oil companies' headquarters or something. (Or maybe that's just me. Has anyone else read The Monkey Wrench Gang? It's really good. I want to do stuff like that.)

Also on the subject of saving the world, I just saw two of my high school friends last night.
One of them, Izzy, is going to be on the Supreme Court. You think I'm just saying that, but this girl has the entire Constitution practically memorized. She can recite all the U.S. presidents in order, backwards from Bush down to Washington, in eleven seconds. Right now she's interning at the Brooklyn DA's office.

The other one, Liz, has a ten-year plan, to do ROTC, go to law school, and go into JAG like her brother and be an army lawyer. So she's a big conservative, but whatever. I knew her back when she played with a family of teddy bears.

So anyway, the point of this is that I want to declare publicly that I'm very happy without a ten-year plan. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Rachel Teagle said...

Dude, I totally bet that the real supreme court judges can't name all the US presidents backwards and forwards in 11 seconds.

But, they did appear naked in "America: the Book," so you've got to give them some credit.

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Cybersitter removal Jack black funny faces http://www.buy-timeshare.info/motorola-dct-2000-parental-control.html Satellite surveillance video images of my house bbw Eczema bab Marathon running bad Mercedes benz diesel specifications rover

 

Post a Comment

<< Home