Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

So I'm not a teenager anymore! Not like it really makes a difference. But that's newsworthy. :)

I've had a very excellent past couple of days, starting with an early birthday celebration/goodbye to West Gym yesterday, doing 20 of each breakfall with the girls (which amounts to 220 breakfalls of various kinds). It was really fun and a good way to close out my summer in Northfield. And you may be incredulous about the "really fun" part, but after the first 110, you learn how to totally relax in midair, and then not only do the breakfalls get better but they also get less strenuous. So it was really fun.

Then Rachel and Jessie I went to the MN Fringe Festival, to see "The Depth of the Ocean" which was basically like "No Exit" in a pool. All these characters from different periods basically end up arguing on an inflatable raft for an hour. It sounds worse than it was - the characters were sort of annoying, but hey, Estelle and Inez and Garcin aren't super-lovable either.

Today was the last day of aikido in the Cities, which was nice, and a tasty lunch at Khan's Mongolian barbecue. Then a lot of packing and random party preparations - I'm having a joint party with my friend Julie, who turned 22 yesterday. So hey, the average age is 21...

Better posting will follow in a day or two. My internet connection here is very unreliable, and packing has been eating my time.