Wednesday, August 09, 2006

just plain Lost

I was just checking to see if anyone had commented on my blog, which they haven't cause they're SLACKERS, and I realized, given the title of Monday's post, I should mention that I have fallen into the abyss of no return that is known as "Lost."

To explain: one thing about recovering from surgery is that you sit around a lot. (Not that you particularly want to do anything else.) And one thing about being in the family of someone recovering from surgery is that when they want to watch compellingly suspenseful and addictive TV shows on DVD with no commercials, there is really no good reason to say no. Thus my father and I have just finished the first DVD of Season 1 and are moving on to DVD #2 momentarily.

But lest you think I am just twiddling my thumbs! let me assure you that this is the backdrop for some wildly productive studying of Chinese. Although now if you were to ask me how to write the character for the verb "hurt" I may just draw a picture of an undefined and very menacing jungle beast.

I'm sure the kind residents of Kunming will understand.

I'm really good at drawing jungle beasts.

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would begin mocking you for inadvertantly becoming a Lost addict, but your last sentence really scares me in a deep and primal way.

So I won't.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and one more thing; if you're annoyed that nobody's posting, cheer up, as the first entry found when googling me is a comment to your blog. Oh, and still scared by that last sentence.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Rachel Teagle said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


Congratulations and welcome to the island. Lost-a-holics unite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home